I’m deeply worried about what may happen in the US between now and January 20. If anyone has influence, please help the Trump supporters understand that in politics, you win some and you lose some. Running for office is a gamble, and nobody should gamble if they can’t afford to lose.
My father ran for office three times. He was elected to the Medina City Council, but his bids for Mayor and for State Representative didn’t attract enough votes. He didn’t like losing – not one little bit – but he made gracious concession speeches, and he earned the respect of his opponents and his supporters.
Myrl Shoemaker, Lieutenant Governor of Ohio 1983-85, once said, “People ask me how you get into the Legislature. I tell them, ‘You get more votes than the other fella.’” That’s the American way.
On the personal side, samples of my writing are posted here – some previously published, some unpublished. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to see the full texts or additional material.
- Blog: On Writing – quotes from writers, usually about the writing life.
- Editor / Writing Coach – If you’re working to lift the quality of your fiction, memoir,or creative non-fiction, I may be able to help.
- Novels – Summaries and excerpts from my two crime novellas (one shortlisted for the 2016 Penny Dreadful Novella Prize) and an historical novel.
- Stories and Memoir – previously published in literary journals.
- Ireland – short pieces about Irish personalities and events. My novels Pool of Darkness and The Cursing Stone are also set in Ireland.
- Radio – recordings of my broadcast pieces on RTE Lyric FM and interviews on Ocean FM.
Thank you for looking into my work,
Tom Sigafoos, Co Donegal, Ireland — email@example.com